What is the Health Data Portal?
The Health Data Portal, hosted by the Department’s Enterprise Data Warehouse, has been extended to take on an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander specific reporting role. The Health Data Portal provides a safe and secure tool for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Services to submit nKPIs, OSR and HCP data.
The Health Data Portal is compliant with all the relevant Australian Government security standards.
Navigate to the Health Data Portal.
Health Services funded under the Indigenous Australians’ Health Programme (IAHP) are required to provide reporting data via the Portal:
- Annually in July for the On-line Services Report (OSR).
- Annually in July for Health Care Provider (HCP) reports; and
- Six monthly in January and July for national Key Performance Indicators (nKPIs). The next reporting period is for OSR, HCP and nKPI and commences on 1 July 2020 and finishes on 16 August 2020. The reporting period for nKPI, OSR and HCP number data collections are now aligned and open for a six-week period. The Portal has been updated to reflect the reporting dates.
Health Data Portal Contact Details
|Health Data Portal Help Desk and Portal Support Team 8.30 am to 5.00* pm (Canberra time) Monday to Friday (excluding ACT and national public holidays)||email@example.com||1800 316 387|
|Data Reporting Policy Supportfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|AIHW – Data Quality Support (nKPI)||email@example.com||1800 723 258|
|AIHW – Data Quality Support (OSR)||firstname.lastname@example.org||1800 443 182|
Accessing the Portal – Register for myGovID and Relationship Authorisation Manager
myGovID and RAM
myGovID is a digital identity provider contained on a personal mobile device, allowing interaction with the Portal. The credential is compatible with most smart devices running:
- iOS 10 or later
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) or later
The following myGovID identity proofing levels will be supported by the Portal:
- Basic - verified email address (similar to a standard AUSkey)
- Standard - verified email address and standard myGovID 100 point ID check using whole of government document verification services for Australian citizens (e.g. passport, drivers licence, Medicare card) myGovID and RAM
Please note the Principal Authority must have the standard myGovID 100 point ID check. Health Services can determine the level of identity proofing required by their Portal users.
The Principal Authority will use the Relationship Authorisation Manager (RAM) to link your business’ Australian Business Number (ABN). One your business is linked in RAM, the Principal Authority will authorise users of the Portal to report on behalf of your business.
Key benefits of myGovID
- Provides staff with greater flexibility to conduct business anytime, anywhere – without accessing their organisational network
- Convenient login option with no IT support required to set up or maintain user credentials
- Whole-of-government solution used to access many other government online services
For more information about myGovID and RAM, please visit the Australian Business Register.
Newsletters and Resources
Newsletters and Health Data Portal registration help sheet, visual diagram out lining the roles and a health data portal fact sheet are available on the Heath Data Portal – Newsletters and Resources page.