The following Ten (10) Steps to Planning a Health Promotion Project is a guide to help make this process easier. If you find some things are not relevant or necessary for your community or project, leave them out.
A series of templates have been included to take you through the Ten Steps. You can fill out these templates as you go to make sure you have got the right information.
A series of illustrations have been developed to help you use these templates.
Each step is a separate activity with its own templates. Each step is designed to help you create a health promotion activity for your community.
Hints and tips will help you to plan your health promotion activity.
When you see the pencil at the end of each step, it’s time to head over to the planning templates. Print off each template as they are designed to be used over and over again.
- Step 1 – Talking to the community
- Step 2 – Research: identifying the areas of concern/needs assessment
- Step 3 – Identifying your target group
- Step 4 – Identifying your stakeholders, partners and networks
- Step 5 – Writing your plan (goals, objectives, strategies and activities)
- Step 6 – What are your messages?
- Step 7 – What resources do I need?
- Step 8 – Choosing your communication outlets/media
- Step 9 – Developing a timeline and budget
- Step 10 – Evaluating a health promotion project