WHAT RESOURCES DO I NEED?
Most people need support to develop and run projects. In this step, you will work out what resources you will need for your project. These resources are people, materials, equipment and products. You also need to think about which resources you will have to pay for and which resources you can get for free.
Ask yourself these questions to work out what people you will need:
- Do I need a team?
- How many people do I need and when will I need them?
- Who will manage which parts of the project?
- Who will take care of the administration (eg. paying the bills)?
- Do I have the money to hire people or will I need volunteers (free labour)?
- Who can fill each role?
- Where can I find people?
- Will I need to get people to supply services to support this project (eg. artwork and printing, audio visual services, catering, transport, dance groups, office space, etc.)?
Ask yourself these questions before you decide on your venue:
- Is it easy to find?
- Will the season have an impact?
- What will it cost?
- Will people feel comfortable in this place?
- Does it have everything you need? (eg. can you cook there if you are doing a demonstration or providing food?)
- Will transport be an issue?
- Are there toilet facilities?
- Is it big enough?
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT
Ask yourself these questions to work out what materials and equipment you will need:
- Will I need computers, printers, cameras, video cameras and other equipment?
- Will I need stationery and other office supplies?
- Will I need office space to work from? Can I use someone else’s office space?
- Will I need other rooms (for meetings, to run classes etc.)?
Ask yourself these questions to work out what products you will need:
- Do I want products to support my messages or activities?
- Do I need sports equipment, tables, chairs?
- What could I use? (eg. t-shirts, hats, water bottles, frisbees, footballs, shopping bags, backpacks, magnets, notebooks, stickers)
- Do I need information materials to support my messages or activities? (eg. leaflets, posters, cookbooks)